Thursday, August 1, 2013

Antiques on Elm


This is always something I've wanted to do, sell my stuff in an antique store!

About a week ago I was walking in downtown Manchester, NH. I was suppose to be working out at the gym but it was too nice out to be indoors, so I walked. I remembered an antique store I've always wanted to visit so that was my destination. I don't know what came over me but I had so much fun walking around and talking to the ladies that ran the store. I started asking questions about renting a space and well a week later I have booth set up.

It was pretty simple to get it started, all I needed to do was fill out an application and pay them the first month's rent, in this case i'm required to stick with them for 3 months. There is always the thought that no one will buy your stuff, but I was willing to take that chance, you never know until you try.

So you need to set up an inventory of your items. For now I have a notebook with descriptions and prices and discounts for people who pay with cash. I cleaned up and dusted off all my items and tagged them according to the store's requirements. Pretty simple.

I hope people will enjoy my 50's-70's items. If you are local please stop by, my booth number is 44 at Antiques on Elm. I think I will also stick in some of my fabrics by the end of the week, I still have so much I want to place in there, but for some reason every time I go I never bring enough with me.

If anyone has any questions about the process, don't hesitate to ask!



No comments:

Post a Comment